Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Back to School!


Marisa started 1st grade this year and I think she wanted to make sure that we all knew it. She posted these little pictures all around the house that say "Frst Grad"! She likes her teacher but is a little concerned about the class pet! A SNAKE!!! Marisa has been praying for months about not being afraid of snakes and scorpions. When we got her class assignment she burst into tears! She new perfectly well who the teacher was that had a SNAKE as the class pet!!! I said lets get the year book and take a look to see who had this teacher last year! Big mistake the snakes picture was featured on the class page!!! Marisa even went so far to say that she hoped it would die!!! I didn't tell the teacher that!!! The teacher hasn't brought it into the classroom yet. I told her how terrified of snakes Marisa is and she is being sensitive to it. Hopefully after Marisa learns a little about it she won't be too afraid and will be able to stand to be in the same room with it. During the year the kids are aloud to hold it and take a picture with it. Marisa asked if she could go to another room when they did that!! Other than that things look good for our ""frst gradr"!

When did he get so big and handsome!!!! Grayson is starting 3rd grade this year! He has the coveted teacher!! She thinks they are so "Mature!" They too have a class pet, a gerbil. I would hate to see a class pet party! Let's not get the snake and the gerbil together, especially in front of Marisa!! Grayson said they have a class vet and each day the vet takes the gerbil out of it's cage and puts it in a ball and lets it roam around the classroom! Sounds fun! I wonder if anyone wants a class DOG!! Jasper misses the kids. Especially Grayson. Grayson didn't get Jasper in his bed before he left for school with the car pool yesterday. Jasper saw him leave out the door get in the car and drive off! He sat by the door and howled and cried all day!!!! He misses his boy!! Grayson is enjoying being the oldest of our children at the school! He picks up Marisa after school.




Hannah is our Middle Schooler!!!! She attended a 3 day transitional class this summer before school started and learn her way around and learn how to open her locker etc!! The lockers are a big deal!!! The kids are nuts about getting them all decked out with white boards, mirrors, little shelves, photos and posters etc. It looks like they all watch a little too much Disney Channel to me but it makes them happy!!! She is walking to school with friends this year which I say is about time!!! I walked to school in 2 feet of snow uphill both ways everyday!!!! I say this but I still have to drive her to where she meets up with her friends!!! But it beats fighting the traffic in front of the school I guess! She is excited about her schedule she has all accelerated classes. She is lucky to have one of her good buddies in all but one of her classes. I hope it will be a great year for everyone!!


No comments:

Post a Comment