Jeff was put in as the Second Counselor of the Bishopric on Sunday. It has been a whirl wind ever since he received the call! We went to church on November 1st expecting the new Bishopric to be put in. Nothing happened. After Sacrament Meeting a man came up behind Jeff and I and put his hands on our shoulders and said, “Brother and sister Boyce could you meet with President Romney at 3:20 this afternoon?” Our eyes must have popped out for our heads. I quickly responded, “Yes.” He pointed it out, and I said, “Well I know it’s not for me!” He said, “How do you know?” Oh I know!!! It’s funny how you can see things coming from a mile away. A few months back Jeff gave a talk in Sacrament meeting. It hit me like a ton of bricks seeing him up there I had the realization that he would be up there some day. However I didn’t think it would be so soon. He is so wise and sensitive to the spirit, always worthy in my eyes and ever ready to serve the Lord. He will do a great job and is so blessed to be called with these wonderful men. He isn’t one to enjoy meetings and that will be a challenge. I am not eager about being a “church widow” either. Jeff has always shared the load. He is such a “hands on” dad. He really helps out. We are often late for church with his help- it could be a disastrous without his help. I know the Lord will bless us and hopefully our hardships will be but a small moment. I think it was more than a coincidence that my parents happened to be here the same Sunday Jeff was set apart. Jeff’s parents made a special trip. It was a lovely day!
Guess Who's Here?
10 years ago

That's exciting, Shannon! :) Congrats! It's a blessing to be married to a man worthy of his Priesthood and capable in the Lord's eyes to serve in a calling of high honor and trust! I'm glad you're married to such a man... you deserve it! :)
ReplyDeleteSo, how are things going? I hope you are both adjusting well. Definitely a big change! (I realized I haven't checked private blogs for a while. OOPS!)
ReplyDelete