Monday, April 12, 2010

HALLELUJAH!

I cannot think of a better way to culminate the Easter season than singing the Messiah! The Southern Nevada Musical Arts Society performed Parts II "The Passion and Resurrection" and III "Hope of Eternal Life" of Handel's Messiah yesterday at Artemus Ham Hall at UNLV. We were accompanied by a full orchestra which is a real treat!! It was an amazing experience. We have been working on this music since January and let me tell you every minute counted!!! There are 150 pages of music that make up parts II and III of the Messiah. The texts are based on Bible passages and repeat them selves but in intricate weaving melodies. It is hard to believe that this music was composed int just 24 days! Frideric Handel must have truly been inspired and guided in composing such a masterpiece!!! As we rehearsed and rehearsed this beautiful music I was touched by the spirit and found such peace and love in the message that it brings. "I know that my Redeemer liveth, and that He shall stand at the latter day upon the earth."

Photo's after the Concert!

No comments:

Post a Comment