
A long awaited tradition shared! Growing up my sister Ellen learned to make sugar eggs and every Easter we would make them. She did most of the work mixing the sugar putting them in the molds etc. I remember what fun it was to shop for the little figurines to go inside and then to create you own little Easter scene inside the egg. I decided it was time my kids learned that art of making sugar eggs. Yesterday we mixed the sugar and food coloring and set our molds to dry overnight. Today we did the fun part creating the scene and decorating the outside. I let them do what they wanted so they turned out quite unique!!!

+of+DSC03270.jpg)






I love that! I was given one growing up....maybe my mom made it, I don't know but we saved it from year to year. I should learn how to do it! Thanks for bringing back a fond childhood memory of mine!
ReplyDeleteThose are awesome!!! What a fun tradition.
ReplyDeleteWe enjoy seeing the eggs and we remember when Ellen made them and mom has some in a basket now that Ellen made a few years ago.
ReplyDeleteEllen use to make them for her Semimary classes.
Ellen, rember the Norman Nelson incident?
How amazing!
ReplyDelete