Saturday, August 21, 2010

Through the Years with Jim and Grace

As a young adult I wrote a poem for my dad entitled, “Fix it Daddy, fix it!” In this poem I mentioned several things that couldn’t necessarily be fixed with glue or a hammer and nails. After reflecting upon the deeper meaning of this poem I realize that these things could indeed be fixed through a Mother and Father’s love. The love of my mother and father has brought me much happiness in this life. My dad is Mr. Fix It! He can fix anything and everything and if he can’t it is just probably time to get a new one anyway! Being the last to leave the nest I had a lot of opportunity to spend time with my parents’ one on one. I will never for get my mother’s many rolls as she served in callings, volunteered and worked in the community, loved and cheered me on in my activities, nurtured and taught me in the way that I should go. I will always be indebted to them and the sacrifices that they made to provide and ensure my brother; sisters and I were reared in love and righteousness. They provided for our physical and spiritual needs as they taught us to love and serve one another. All that I am I owe to them and their special care in teaching and loving us even to this day. I love them and am so happy to celebrate this very special Golden Anniversary with them. Happy 50th mom and Dad!



We celebrated my parents 50th wedding anniversary in Utah on July 2, 2010! It was so wonderful being together as a family! We enjoyed visiting with their guest and catching up on old times. Congratulations to mom and dad being married for 50!!!!








Hannah

I love my grandparents!! They are so super cute!! One of my fav. memories was when grandma took Karson and I shoe shopping. It was super duper fun and we can always swap shoes because we are the same size. Don’t get me started on Grandpa!! He is a PARTAY animal!! One of my memories with him was when we made these cool battery things with him. It was super sciency with all these wires and stuff. He is so smart!! I’m smart 2 cuz I know my grandparents are da bomb!!


Grayson

On of my favorite memories I have with Grandma and Grandpa is going to the dollar store. We got to go to the $ store and buy five things each. It was so fun. I still have some of the things I got. It will be a memory I will always remember and cherish. I am so grateful to have such wonderful loving Grandparents.


Marisa,

(The real one)
I remember when you held me when I was a baby because of pictures. Love Marisa

(The one I wrote for her)
Some of my favorite memories of grandma and grandpa are the theme parties. Every year usually in the summer they come or we go there for a visit and Grandma and Grandpa put on a big party. We have had a Fiesta, Luau, Pirate Party, and a Cowboy party. It is so fun. I love my grandparents!!

Jeff

One memory of the Roeders that I will not forget was the first time that I met them. I had been dating Shannon for a few months when she decided that it was time for me to go to Colorado Springs and meet the parents. I was naturally apprehensive about meeting the patents and wanted to make a good impression. Several times I thought about heading back to Logan without meeting. However, from the second I came into their home Jim and Grace were friendly and welcoming. They both made me feel comfortable and relaxed. It felt like coming into the home of a good friend. Since that first visit Jim and Grace have been kind and gracious. I look forward to their visits and enjoy spending time together with them as a family. I appreciate their righteous example and deeply appreciate all they have done for myself, Shannon and our family.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I wish I could have come to the party! So happy for your parents!

    ReplyDelete