Friday, January 8, 2010

It's a Three Hat Day!!

It’s a three hat day! Have you read the children's book by Laura Geringer? It is a cute cute book about a A funny little man who loves hats. He cheers himself up by wearing three at a time!

Hannah has been home sick with strep throat this week! When she wasn’t too wiped out she spent some time knitting beanies and hats!!! I am so proud of her. Her aunt let us borrow the looms a long time ago and last week Hannah picked them up and figured it out all by her self. I kept her supplied with some fun yarns and she went to town!!

After I figured out that she probably had Strep yet again I did some investigating and gathered all my records of how many times she has actually been into see the doctor for the same thing. I was amazed at how frequently I had taken her in with the same result. We visited the Pediatrician on Monday and when they confirmed my suspicion of strep. I made an appointment with the Ear Nose Throat Dr. We went in on Tuesday and yes, she will be having her tonsils and adenoids taken out. I haven’t scheduled the surgery yet but I am hopeful that she will be able to put these sore throats behind her. I think she has lived half her live with a sore throat. Poor baby!!!

2 comments:

  1. Cute hats! Poor Hannah! My Chase had tonsilitis every months 9 months in a row, so we had his tonsils and adenoids removed and he's been perfectly healthy since then! (That was 2 years ago when he was only 2!) The recovery isn't so fun, but he doesn't remember a thing... He was pretty young, too... Maybe Hannah's old enough for some stronger drugs! ;) Good luck! It's worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon, We just read your blog and Hannah's. We love reading them they are so good. Hannah has to be writer. I didn't see a place to comment on Hannah's. Some times the color of the writing does not show up and we can't find it. We love to see them all, Grayson, Marisa and Hannah.

    Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete